My new pal Holly tagged me for 7 Random Things About Me. Here goes:
1. When I was little, my grandma told me that if you looked at a star and it twinkled, that meant that the star saw you looking at it and winked at you. I believed her until I was about 12.
2. Despite my literary bent and general distain for slapstick, one of my favorite movies of all time is Dumb and Dumber, for which my husband mercilessly teases me. I can’t help it. All I have to do is think “Tic Tac, officer?” or picture the (*cough*) laxative scene and I dissolve into giggles.
3. I can cross and uncross my eyes one at a time.
4. I’ve never watched the Twin Towers fall. Really. We never hooked our TV up to the outside world after we moved in July 2001, and I get my news from the radio or the internet. I’ve seen still shots, but never watched video of those fateful moments.
5. I don’t use top sheets. Oh, I have them, and drag them out when company uses our beds, but since they just tangle you up at night or end up wadded at the bottom of the bed, I find them superflous. None of my kids uses them, either, and it makes it much easier for them to make their beds.
6. I have nearly 400 books on my Amazon Wish List. It’s mostly Julie’s fault.
7. Two of my girls have Star Trek names, though only one was on purpose. I’m a hopeless geek.